-   -   Update pivottables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49575-update-pivottables.html)

Henrik

Update pivottables

Is it possible to update (here understood as changing an element of a field)
in more than one table with one operation only, or do all tables have to be
updated manually?

For instance, if I have several pivottables with a 'Country' field in the
page section and I want to update all from, say. Germany to France, can that
be done in one operation?

Debra Dalgleish

You can do this with programming. There's a sample file he

http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Pivot

Under PivotTables, look for 'Change Page Field'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Henrik

I can see how it works in the example file -- now how do I get it to work on
my file as well? Didn't show up as an add-in...

Henrik wrote:
Is it possible to update (here understood as changing an element of a field)
in more than one table with one operation only, or do all tables have to be
updated manually?

For instance, if I have several pivottables with a 'Country' field in the
page section and I want to update all from, say. Germany to France, can that
be done in one operation?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

To adapt the code to your workbook:

Right-click on the Sales Pivot sheet tab, and choose View Code
Copy all the code
Switch to your workbook, and right-click on the main pivot table sheet
tab, and choose View Code
Paste the copied code.
In the code, change the references to match your workbook. For example,
change: strField = "Item"
to the name of your page field, and change the worksheet name:
Set wsOther = Sheets("Other Pivots")
to match the sheet name where your secondary pivot tables are located.