-   -   Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49502-can-i-add-more-columns-spread-sheet-limit-256-columns.html)

Piper

Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns

I am trying to produce an Excel spread sheet with at least 370 columns in one
spread sheet but the limit seems to be set at 256. Is it possible to
increase this number?

Ragdyer

Grit your teeth and wait for the next version of XL (12), and you'll have
all you need!<g

Check out the new specs he

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx

RD

"Piper" wrote in message
I am trying to produce an Excel spread sheet with at least 370 columns in

one
spread sheet but the limit seems to be set at 256. Is it possible to
increase this number?

JE McGimpsey

All you need? I'd be willing to place a friendly wager that the request
for more columns will be posted to these groups before a week after
public release...<g

In article ,
"Ragdyer" wrote:

Grit your teeth and wait for the next version of XL (12), and you'll have
all you need!<g

Ragdyer

I must agree with you John, BUT ... there's a big difference between NEED
and WANT!<vbg

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Grit your teeth and wait for the next version of XL (12), and you'll

have
all you need!<g

David McRitchie

Right, I'll put the following in my Drafts file, but NOT hold my breath.

Don't use the last row for hidden calculations, it prevents you
from inserting rows.