-   -   Opening an excel index sheet by default (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49385-opening-excel-index-sheet-default.html)

Bowtai

Opening an excel index sheet by default

How can I open by default the Index sheet on my ledger workbook. There are
fifteen named sheets as well as the Index sheet

tjtjjtjt

You could always click to the Index sheet and Save beofre you close the file.
Or, you can right-click on the Excel icon to the left of the file menu and
choose View Code.
Then, click on the drop-down that has the text "(General)" in it and choose
"Workbook."
Paste something like this in the middle of the empty Private Sub
Workbook_Open():
If ActiveSheet.Name < "Index" Then
Sheets("Index").Activate

tj

"Bowtai" wrote:

How can I open by default the Index sheet on my ledger workbook. There are
fifteen named sheets as well as the Index sheet

Bowtai

Thanks. Both suggestions work fine.