-   -   Add a character to each row in a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49314-add-character-each-row-column.html)

Aboyer

Add a character to each row in a column

How can I add a period to each row in a column for middle initials (middle
initial only column) that were entered without a period?

Gary''s Student

Lets assume that the names occupy three columns:

Victor K Lazlo
Anatoly X Klezmer

etc. Create a helper column with the formula =IF(LEN(B1)=1,B1&".",B1) and
copy down. This formula will only append the dot if the middle field was a
single character. Once complete, copy the helper column and paste it special
as value.
--
Gary''s Student