-   -   Cell dependent on another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49245-cell-dependent-another.html)

jhicsupt

Cell dependent on another

Need help with an If statement which refers to different sheets.

In Cell B2 is where I want the value returned
If Sheet1 B4 not equal to "pens", put "Not applicable" in cell B2
Otherwise, put the value of Sheet3 C12 in cell B2

Can I get help with this formula?

Thanks in advance

Richard Neville

Try this: =IF(B4="pens",[contents of Sheet 3 C12],"Not applicable"). The
trick is that you can't use a "not equal to" value in an IF statement, so
you have to turn it around so the first IF possibility is positive (E6
equals "pens"), the second negative.

"jhicsupt" wrote in message
Need help with an If statement which refers to different sheets.

In Cell B2 is where I want the value returned
If Sheet1 B4 not equal to "pens", put "Not applicable" in cell B2
Otherwise, put the value of Sheet3 C12 in cell B2

Can I get help with this formula?

Thanks in advance

bj

try in B2
=if(Sheet1!B4<"pens","Not applicable",Sheet3!C12)