-   -   Can I insert a file or folder names in Excel cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49060-can-i-insert-file-folder-names-excel-cells.html)

Inserting file or folder names in cells.

Can I insert a file or folder names in Excel cells?

I have a list of file and folder names I want to place in a column of Excel
cells so that the list can be sorted like any other data. However, I want to
be able to click on the folder name or filename and execute it as if it were
a from a list in explorer.

Jim Cone

My Excel add-in "List Files" should do what you want.
It finds files on your computer meeting criteria you
specify. It generates a list on a new worksheet
showing file location, name, type ,size and
last save date. A hyperlink is created for each file.
It comes with a one page Word.doc install/use file.

It is available - free - upon email request.
Remove "xxx" from my email address.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA