-   -   Urgent Help needed - I need to stop a process that is running forever in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/49058-urgent-help-needed-i-need-stop-process-running-forever-excel.html)

shadestreet

Urgent Help needed - I need to stop a process that is running forever in Excel

I have a workbook I have been working on a few hours, forgot to save
lately and accidentally did the unthinkable.....

I did a "replace all" on about 30 entire columns, replace all blank
cells with zero.... not good. It has been going about ten minutes, I
calculated the rate of time to complete to be 37 days....

I dont want to do an "end task" and shut down Excel without saving,
anything I can do to stop the process?

--
shadestreet
shadestreet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7092

DennisSunga

press Ctrl-Alt Del

then choose Task manager.
under applications, you will see excel and the status will probably say
"not responding"
Click on this and click on end task.
You might have to do this repeatedly but most times, once is enough.

--
DennisSunga
DennisSunga's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27514
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473916

shadestreet

If I do that, the program will shut down and I will lose my unsaved
data.... guess I am screwed, but thanks anyway