-   -   Populating Cells from other Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48993-populating-cells-other-cells.html)

Nick

Populating Cells from other Cells

I have a workbook with 2 sheets. (Excel 2003).

On sheet 1, I have info that looks like this (4 columns):

class1 200 5000 $12,000.00
class2 210 2120 $8900.00

This goes on for 700 classes.

Now, what I'd like to be able to do is, on sheet 2 column A, type in Class1
and have the rest of the data appear (200 5000 $12,000.00). So basically,
I'd like Excel to find in sheet 1 the term CLASS1 and then pull the data in
cells into the other sheet.

If someone could help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

David Billigmeier

You can achieve this with VLOOKUP(), have a look in the help menu on how to
use it.

Dave