-   -   sorting data in columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48975-sorting-data-columns.html)

Spiderman

sorting data in columns

How can I sort multiple columns simultaneously? i.e. I have sixteen columns
of numerical data that I want to be able to apply the same Sort to each
column individually but I do not want to have to highlight each column
separately as this will take considerably longer.

Dave Peterson

Save your workbook first!

Try sorting one column, then selecting the next and hit the F4 key.
It shouldn't take too long if it works ok.

--

Dave Peterson

Spiderman

Ok, that worked, also I figured if you just include the header row you can
sort all columns simultaneously