-   -   How do I create/filter a list of names without duplications (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48962-how-do-i-create-filter-list-names-without-duplications.html)

MikeD

How do I create/filter a list of names without duplications

I have a list of names some of which appear more than once. How do I
create/filter this column to produce a list of names without duplications?

JR

Click on the first name in the list. Then go to "Data", then "Filter", then
"Auto Filter".

"MikeD" wrote:

I have a list of names some of which appear more than once. How do I
create/filter this column to produce a list of names without duplications?

Gord Dibben

Mike

Select your range then DataFilterAdvanced Filter.

"Unique records only" and "Copy to a new location" if don't want

"filter in place".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP