-   -   Opening and file associations for Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48889-opening-file-associations-excel.html)

Star

Opening and file associations for Excel

Hello to Group,

I apparently have a file association problem w/Excel. If I open Excel
first, I can browse and open all the Excel files on my puter. However,
if... I go and open a folder of Excel files and click to open one.... the
file opens, but I get a nuisance dialog box.....

A document w/that name----------------- is already open, etc........

I click OK, that's the only option, and in all other respects, no further
problems.

I had a similar problem w/Word and at the run command, I typed winword /r
which was the fix. Can someone help me with a similar fix for Excel ?? I
did excel /r and Excel ran or opened

Thank you kindly,

Star

Dave Peterson

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then