-   -   Get excel to list values that occur within raw data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48637-get-excel-list-values-occur-within-raw-data.html)

dennis34

Get excel to list values that occur within raw data

If I enter new information into excel eg heights of individual people. How
can I get excel to look at the cells where the data is and then produce a
list of the different heights measured.

Eg heights: 162, 180, 145, 180, 123, 123, 180, 144, 145, 145

I need excel to list values that occur: 123, 144, 145, 162, 180

At this stage I'm not interested in the frequency. I just want excel to
look at my data and say these are the values that occur in the data youve
just entered.

Dan

Try to use Pivot Table. Put the required range on the right and same on the
main (grouping section). which you could have both the values and frequency.

"dennis34" wrote:

If I enter new information into excel eg heights of individual people. How
can I get excel to look at the cells where the data is and then produce a
list of the different heights measured.

Eg heights: 162, 180, 145, 180, 123, 123, 180, 144, 145, 145

I need excel to list values that occur: 123, 144, 145, 162, 180

At this stage I'm not interested in the frequency. I just want excel to
look at my data and say these are the values that occur in the data youve
just entered.

Dave Peterson

It sounds like you could use Data|Advanced filter and use the unique records
box.

Debra Dalgleish has a nice instruction page at:
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

--

Dave Peterson