-   -   copy-paste from excel to powerpoint - grid lines (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48595-copy-paste-excel-powerpoint-grid-lines.html)

Cowtoon

copy-paste from excel to powerpoint - grid lines

Office 97
When I copy a number of cells from Excel to powerpoint, I can't get rid of
the grid lines. There are no borders. When I'm in Excel, I see the faint
grid lines as you normally would. Unfortunately, these lines also display in
powerpoint. How do I stop that behaviour.
Thanks so much for any help.
Diana

Gary''s Student

Select all the cells you are copying. Then:

Format Cells... Patterns Then select white color ( bottom right)

When the backgound color is set the gridlines vanish unless borders are
turned on
--
Gary''s Student

"Cowtoon" wrote:

Office 97
When I copy a number of cells from Excel to powerpoint, I can't get rid of
the grid lines. There are no borders. When I'm in Excel, I see the faint
grid lines as you normally would. Unfortunately, these lines also display in
powerpoint. How do I stop that behaviour.
Thanks so much for any help.
Diana

Cowtoon

To Gary's student,
That worked. I had to just select the cells that didn't have a fill, but it
worked. Thank you so much. I tried so many things, but did not even think
to do that.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Diana

"Cowtoon" wrote:

Office 97
When I copy a number of cells from Excel to powerpoint, I can't get rid of
the grid lines. There are no borders. When I'm in Excel, I see the faint
grid lines as you normally would. Unfortunately, these lines also display in
powerpoint. How do I stop that behaviour.
Thanks so much for any help.
Diana

Gary''s Student

Your welcome! Pasting into Powerpoint is not as intuitive as pasting into Word.
--
Gary''s Student