-   -   Comparing columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48581-comparing-columns.html)

garzar

Comparing columns

Comparing columns D and F, If the data doesn't match, I need a blank inserted
where the columns don't match. How can I achieve this?

Oblik

Gazar
Suppose u want the comparison result to appear in column G, then u can write
a formula like this:
=if(D2<F2, "", "match")
The result would be that when D and F do not match, the cell in G would be
blank, otherwise "match" will be written in the cell
Hope this was helpful

"garzar" wrote:

Comparing columns D and F, If the data doesn't match, I need a blank inserted
where the columns don't match. How can I achieve this?

garzar

This does help. The only thing is that I have two list and one list have 450
more students. Will this only match the first 10 columns that have identical
information? I need a formula that will place a blank row or a row where it
doesn't match.