-   -   Data Validation?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48507-data-validation.html)

Scorpvin

Data Validation??

I think this may fall under Data Validation but I'm not sure.

In column A, I want the user to only be able to enter the word
"ACTUALS". It has to be all upper case.

In column B, I want the user to enter a 6 digit account number. The
account number must be 6 characters.

In column C, I want the user to enter an amount that has only 2 decimal
places. This column cannot have more than 2 decimal places.

In column D, I want the user to enter a description (text). This
column cannot include any symbols such as @!#$.-&'()?/,\

If any of the above is in violation I would like an error message to
pop up.

--
Scorpvin
Scorpvin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27678

pinmaster

Hi, try this
For column A, first select the cell or cells you need to be restricted
then go to Data/Validation and select Custom from the Allow menu, in
the formula box type:
=UPPER(A1)="ACTUALS"
A1 being the first cell in your selection, then click on the Alert tab
and type your message or warning, click Ok
For column B the formula would be something like:
=LEN(B1)=6
or if the account number contains only numbers and no text then:
=AND(ISNUMBER(B1),LEN(B1)=6)

as for the other 2 I don't know, maybe someone else has some ideas.
Hope this helps!
JG

--
pinmaster