-   -   Drop down list in Data Validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48495-drop-down-list-data-validation.html)

Big Rick

Drop down list in Data Validation

Hello All
Please can you tell me if it is possible to get the "1/2" symbol into the
drop down list in Data Validation.

Thanking you in anticipation
--
Big Rick

Debra Dalgleish

Where you want the 1/2 symbol to appear, press the Alt key, and type
0189 on the number keypad.

This will be treated as text, not a number, if you're doing calculations.

Big Rick wrote:
Hello All
Please can you tell me if it is possible to get the "1/2" symbol into the
drop down list in Data Validation.

Thanking you in anticipation

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

RagDyeR

Sure you can!

Hold down the <Alt key, and enter
0189
Using the numbers from the num keypad,
*NOT* the numbers under the function keys.
--

HTH,

RD

"Big Rick" wrote in message
Hello All
Please can you tell me if it is possible to get the "1/2" symbol into the
drop down list in Data Validation.

Thanking you in anticipation
--
Big Rick

Big Rick

Thanks a 1/2 million!
I was going wrong by not using the numeric keypad.
--
Big Rick