Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
SmokingMirror

Default Address Labels - Help!

The situation:

I work for a small business which has a large number of Excel wookbook
files, each of which holds the details of a customer.

Part of these details are - obviously - the name and address listing
for that customer, with the name and each line of the address being
listed in seperate cells.

The problem:

The owner of the business has asked that I build up an Excel database
of every 2004-2005 customer (well over a thousand), which lists the
name and address of each, in such a way that it can be printed directly
onto sticky labels if necessary.
Needless to say, trying to do this manually will take me all year, so I
am posting this thread in the hope that somebody can suggest any way in
which I can speed this task up.

I had thought of simple cell referencing, that is to say starting a new
workbook - the database - and referencing the required cells from each
booking form on it. The problem there is that whilst that will work,
it is a manual operation that will take months.

Can anybody please help!?

--
SmokingMirror
SmokingMirror's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12225