-   -   displaying underlying code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48270-displaying-underlying-code.html)

ChiefBlogster

displaying underlying code

I have a column that shows peoples names and the names link to their
email address. How do I go about separating the email address out so
they are in a separate column. I have tried all the paste specials but
I just can not get the underlying code to display.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Arthur

--
ChiefBlogster
ChiefBlogster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27754

CyberTaz

It sounds like the cells actually contain hyperlink email addresses and
that the names have actually been caused to appear by using them as
display text. Assuming this to be the case...

First select & copy the column of names & in another column use
EditPaste Special--Values so you won't have to retype the names.

Next, cmd+click each hyperlink cell in turn & use Edit Hyperlink to
delete the display text one at a time. There may be a way to automate
the process, but I haven't a clue how to write the code.

HTH |:)