-   -   Run-time Error 424 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48265-run-time-error-424-a.html)

DNA

Run-time Error 424

When the spreadsheet in local, on my HD, all is well. When I put the
spreadsheet on the server, I get this error.

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts. The ironic thing ... it use to work
just fine. Some PC's I email the file to it works, other don't

Thanks for your help!!

Dave O

The quick search I did indicated Error 424 appears with the message
"Object required". Is it possible the code reads from or writes to a
file on a specific drive? That would explain why some machines
generate the error and others do not. For instance, if the code says
"read from a file on the E: drive" and your machine has mapped drive E:
to server ABC while my machine has mapped to the same server but called
it drive F: my machine will generate the error.

DNA

The code does not specifically look to a particular drive letter.

The form (frm) in my code does have a specfic object. One of the machines
it's not working on has the code for the form but not the object; however,
another person I've emailed the code to, had them place it on their HD ...
they have the object. Why when I email the spreadsheet does some people
get the object and others do not?

Thanks for your previous reply!!