-   -   Can't Copy and Paste foumulas? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48099-cant-copy-paste-foumulas.html)

Emory Richter

Can't Copy and Paste foumulas?

I am trying to copy an unprotected worksheet
and paste it into another worksheet.
All of the text gets pasted
but the formulas do not.

When I try Paste Special
the dialog box offers to paste a 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object'.

And if I try to copy and paste only one cell
which contains a formula
the same happens.

Why is this happening?
And is there a way I can paste the cell contents
which are formulas?

Thank you,
Emory

Gary''s Student

Instead of coping all the cells of one worksheet into another, just copy the
worksheet itself:

Edit Move or Copy Sheet...
--
Gary''s Student

"Emory Richter" wrote:

I am trying to copy an unprotected worksheet
and paste it into another worksheet.
All of the text gets pasted
but the formulas do not.

When I try Paste Special
the dialog box offers to paste a 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object'.

And if I try to copy and paste only one cell
which contains a formula
the same happens.

Why is this happening?
And is there a way I can paste the cell contents
which are formulas?

Thank you,
Emory

Emory Richter

In article ,
says...
Instead of coping all the cells of one worksheet into another, just copy the
worksheet itself:

Edit Move or Copy Sheet...

Hi GarysStudent

Thank you for your response.

What you suggest works
and if it is not possible to copy and paste
I will have to us it.

Still it would be nice
to copy and paste
rather than delete the old worksheet each time.
I still dont understand why this is happening.

Any suggestions?

Emory