-   -   Statistical tests and data type (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47956-statistical-tests-data-type.html)

miaoj5

Statistical tests and data type

I have data in log2 format. I just came across some article which says
that logged data should be avoided for statistical tests like T-tests,
F-tests or Mann-Whitney tests.

I am doing these tests in excel so wondering if anybody who performs
such tests regularly in excel can flash some light??

--
miaoj5
miaoj5's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27690

Jerry W. Lewis

What was the context of that statement? If the data were lognormally
distributed, taking logs before doing these tests would be mandatory.

Jerry

miaoj5 wrote:

I have data in log2 format. I just came across some article which says
that logged data should be avoided for statistical tests like T-tests,
F-tests or Mann-Whitney tests.

I am doing these tests in excel so wondering if anybody who performs
such tests regularly in excel can flash some light??

miaoj5

Actually, the data that I am working with is a microarray data and I
have log2 transformed as well as natural data. Log 2 tranformation was
used for better normalisation in the data series.
Is this what you wanted to know?

The article that I talked about was explaning these tests in general