-   -   Macro to Name Sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47925-macro-name-sheet.html)

Dolphinv4

Macro to Name Sheet

Hi,

I want my sheet name to automatically be named as Date(Adj) whereby the Date
will be obtained from cell A1. This is what i did but it don't work. What's
wrong?

Sub New_Month()

Dim myAdjName As String

myAdjName = Format(Range("A1").Value, "mmm") & "(ADJ)"
ActivSheet.Name = myAdjName

End Sub

Thanks!

Stefi

You misspelled
ActivSheet.Name = myAdjName

Insert an "e":
ActiveSheet.Name = myAdjName
Regards,
Stefi

€˛Dolphinv4€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi,

I want my sheet name to automatically be named as Date(Adj) whereby the Date
will be obtained from cell A1. This is what i did but it don't work. What's
wrong?

Sub New_Month()

Dim myAdjName As String

myAdjName = Format(Range("A1").Value, "mmm") & "(ADJ)"
ActivSheet.Name = myAdjName

End Sub

Thanks!

HiArt

Hi Dolphinv4,

I have had the same problem with Range, the macro looks like it should
work, but doesn't.

The solution is that Range sometimess needs to be in the format
-expression-.range. For your macro try:

myAdjName = Format(*Worksheets(1).*Range("A1").Value, "mmm") & "(ADJ)"

Adjust the Worksheets(x) value accordingly.

HTH

Art

--
HiArt
HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19953

Dolphinv4

Hi,

the prob is not with the typo. I realised it later and changed but it still
don't work.

Regards,
Dolphin

"Stefi" wrote:

You misspelled
ActivSheet.Name = myAdjName

Insert an "e":
ActiveSheet.Name = myAdjName
Regards,
Stefi

€˛Dolphinv4€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi,

I want my sheet name to automatically be named as Date(Adj) whereby the Date
will be obtained from cell A1. This is what i did but it don't work. What's
wrong?

Sub New_Month()

Dim myAdjName As String

myAdjName = Format(Range("A1").Value, "mmm") & "(ADJ)"
ActivSheet.Name = myAdjName

End Sub

Thanks!

Dolphinv4

Hi,

but I need this macro to work in every new sheet created, thus I can't put
in a specific "worksheet" name. I tried using "ActiveSheet" instead but it
doesn't work. Please help!

myAdjName = Format(ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value, "mmm") & "(ADJ)"
ActiveSheet.Name = myAdjName

Thanks,
Val.
"HiArt" wrote:

Hi Dolphinv4,

I have had the same problem with Range, the macro looks like it should
work, but doesn't.

The solution is that Range sometimess needs to be in the format
-expression-.range. For your macro try:

myAdjName = Format(*Worksheets(1).*Range("A1").Value, "mmm") & "(ADJ)"

Adjust the Worksheets(x) value accordingly.

HTH

Art

--
HiArt
HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19953
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=472032

Dolphinv4

Hi,

i just realised it does work after I used "ActiveSheet" in your formula.
Thanks!

Val