-   -   Copy/Paste of QueryTable doesn't adjust relative parameters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47923-copy-paste-querytable-doesnt-adjust-relative-parameters.html)

btait1

Copy/Paste of QueryTable doesn't adjust relative parameters

Column A

1. Blue
2. Red
3. Green

A1 is a parameter to the query - on the QueryTable Parameters dialog, I
have "Get the value from the following cell: =Sheet1!A1" Note that this
is a relative reference, not $A$1. When I copy the whole QueryTable and
paste it elsewhere on the sheet the parameter of the new QueryTable is
still set to A1, rather than A2 for example. How can I create the
QueryTable so that the parameter references are updated properly when I
copy the report?

Please note...I am not VBA literate - yet:) So I am looking for a
solution here that does not require VBA - or if it does, would be
simple for a complete novice to implement.

Thanks in advance!

--
btait1
btait1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27685