-   -   Toggle switch between absolute and relative values creating a macr (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47774-toggle-switch-between-absolute-relative-values-creating-macr.html)

Al

Toggle switch between absolute and relative values creating a macr

Hello,
Why is it that when creating a macro sometimes I see the toggle switch for
absolute/relative values and sometimes I don't?

Al

Actually, I no longer see the toggle switch when recording a new macro. What
do I have to do to make it reappear? Thank you.

"Al" wrote:

Hello,
Why is it that when creating a macro sometimes I see the toggle switch for
absolute/relative values and sometimes I don't?

Gord Dibben

Al

ToolsCustomizeToolbars. Select "Stop Recording" toolbarClose

Stop Recording Toolbar should now be visible on sheet.

Hit "X" to close it(but not while you are recording).

It will pop up next time you use recorder. Do not close the "Stop
Recording" toolbar via "X" while recorder is running or you will lose it
again.

You can drag the "Relative Reference" button from the Visual Basic Toolbar to
any toolbar if you wish.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Al" wrote:

Hello,
Why is it that when creating a macro sometimes I see the toggle switch for
absolute/relative values and sometimes I don't?

Jim Rech

When the Stop Recording toolbar (and most toolbars) appears automatically
and you close it by clicking the "x" it takes the hint and no longer appears
automatically. So you shouldn't close it that way. To make it reappear,
start recording a macro and then View, Toolbars, Customize and select Stop
Recording from the Toolbars list.

--
Jim
"Al" wrote in message
| Actually, I no longer see the toggle switch when recording a new macro.
What
| do I have to do to make it reappear? Thank you.
|
| "Al" wrote:
|
| Hello,
| Why is it that when creating a macro sometimes I see the toggle switch
for
| absolute/relative values and sometimes I don't?

Al

Thank you very much Jim.