-   -   Excel 2003 performance problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47638-excel-2003-performance-problems.html)

bjarvis

Excel 2003 performance problems

We are experiencing performance problems on Excel 2003 when accessing
information from Analysis Services using an Excel add-in, XLcubed. We
did not experience the same problem in Excel 2002.

The scenario is as follows:

Open report in Excel, report attempts to refresh
[Network sniffer verifies the request going from client to server, and
the return of the data...following the acknowledged return of the
dataset...]
PAUSE (for several minutes)
Report finally refreshes.

On second refresh this is instant.

It seems that Excel 2003 is operating a cache that it didn't use in
Excel 2002 and that the pause is the loading of the cache - or I could
be on completely the wrong track.

Anyone got any ideas ?

--
bjarvis