-   -   How do I copy the last digit of a number from a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47561-how-do-i-copy-last-digit-number-cell.html)

Carlos

How do I copy the last digit of a number from a cell

In excel I need to take the last digit of a 16 digit number from one column
and then write it down into another column with a letter in front of it

Anne Troy

Try something like this, Carlos, assuming your 16-digit number is in column
C:

="A"&right(C2,1)
That'll add the letter A to the last character in C2

************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Carlos" wrote in message
In excel I need to take the last digit of a 16 digit number from one
column
and then write it down into another column with a letter in front of it

Roger Govier

Hi Carlos

With your 16 digit number in column A, enter in B1
="A"&RIGHT(A1)

Change the "A" to the letter(s) of your choice.

Regards

Roger Govier

Carlos wrote:
In excel I need to take the last digit of a 16 digit number from one column
and then write it down into another column with a letter in front of it

Myrna Larson

Just a caveat: I assume you realize that Excel's numbers are limited to 15
digits of precision, and if you need 16, you entering them as text (with a
leading apostrophe or by preformatting the cells as text).

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:46:03 -0700, Carlos
wrote:

In excel I need to take the last digit of a 16 digit number from one column
and then write it down into another column with a letter in front of it

Carlos

Thanks you all!