-   -   How do I open excel files in a new window (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47559-how-do-i-open-excel-files-new-window.html)

Michael

How do I open excel files in a new window

I want to open different Excel files in a different window just as you can
with Word documents. Is this possible? How?

Sloth

Open the first document.
Open Excel (do not double click on a file, just open excel like normal where
it brings up a blank document)
You should now have two instances of excel open.
Open a file through file-open

Also, if you just want to split documents in the task bar (documents opened
in the same instance of excel are usually stacked in the taskbar) click on
Tools-Options-View-Check the box next to "Windows in Taskbar". You will
notice that the file windows are still inside the one excel window.