-   -   Combobox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47496-combobox.html)

nc

Combobox

I have inserted a combobox on a worksheet using the control toolbox, and
subsequently attached a macro to it.

Why is it when an item from the drop down list is already selected, and the
same item is then reselected the macro does not activate?

Dave Peterson

If you're using the "ComboBox1_Change" event, then you're not really changing
the value--so it doesn't fire.

You may want to consider putting a button next to the dropdown and have the user
click that when they need to run it again. (and remove it from the _change
event).

Or reset the combobox when your code finishes. (If your list is extremely long,
the user will have to scroll down again, though.)

--

Dave Peterson