-   -   Working with formatted values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47479-working-formatted-values.html)

Phyzycal

Working with formatted values

I am trying to reference formatted data (eg. 8.6) as opposed to the
unformatted data (8.5789....) in a cell in that is in another worksheet which
is apart of the same workbook. The problem I am having is my calculation are
using the unformatted data which skews my results.

Simply put, I just want to "fix" the data that I see in the source worksheet
for further calculations later!

Please help!!! :)

--
A squirrel trying to get a nut!!!

Anne Troy

Then you must make the value the same as the format. For instance, if 8.6 is
in A1, you would have to put:
=round(a1,1) (this rounds A1's value to 1 decimal place)
followed by your current formula.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Phyzycal" wrote in message
I am trying to reference formatted data (eg. 8.6) as opposed to the
unformatted data (8.5789....) in a cell in that is in another worksheet
which
is apart of the same workbook. The problem I am having is my calculation
are
using the unformatted data which skews my results.

Simply put, I just want to "fix" the data that I see in the source
worksheet
for further calculations later!

Please help!!! :)

--
A squirrel trying to get a nut!!!

JE McGimpsey

Alternatively, you could check the Tools/Options/Calculation/Precision
as displayed checkbox. This will apply to the entire workbook, however.