-   -   Symbols (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47445-symbols.html)

MAC

Symbols

How do I add the Symbols option to my Insert menu item?

Gord Dibben

ToolsCustomizeCommandsInsert.

Scroll down to "Symbols" icon and drag to your Insert Menu.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:23:03 -0700, MAC wrote:

How do I add the Symbols option to my Insert menu item?

David McRitchie

Hi Mac,
If you have Excel 2000 or earlier you don't have that option in Excel, but you
can access the CharMap as a toolbar icon or from a menu.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/...ls.htm#charmap
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/...aracterMapCode
or if you want to see a list of characters you might want to look at
Font Tables as Rendered by your browser
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/htm/fonts.htm

Chip Pearson has a Symbolizer Addin to access 200 symbols.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/chars.htm
---
HTH,

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote in message ...
ToolsCustomizeCommandsInsert.

Scroll down to "Symbols" icon and drag to your Insert Menu.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:23:03 -0700, MAC wrote:

How do I add the Symbols option to my Insert menu item?

Gord Dibben

Good point David.

Forgot that 2000 and earlier had no InsertSymbols function.

Gord

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:13:02 -0400, "David McRitchie"
wrote:

[...]

I followed your instructions but the Symbols option does not exist in the
list of commands

the thing is that I used to be able to insert symbols but I had to
re-install Excell and have now lost the ability to insert symbols

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

ToolsCustomizeCommandsInsert.

Scroll down to "Symbols" icon and drag to your Insert Menu.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:23:03 -0700, MAC wrote:

How do I add the Symbols option to my Insert menu item?

David McRitchie

Chip Pearson's Symbolizer Addin was one of several options
mentioned in a previous post in this thread::
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP12.p hx.gbl

Gord Dibben

What version of Excel? Only 2002 and later have this available AFAIK.

BTW "Symbols" is not in the list of commands.

It is in the list under CommandsInsert.

If you have no other customizations you wish to preserve try
Customize?ToolbarsWorksheet Menu Bar and "Reset".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP