-   -   Using LookUP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47437-using-lookup.html)

Radha

Using LookUP

Hi,

If LOOKUP can't find the value I am looking for, it is giving the result
from the next smallest value.

But, if the LoopUp can not find matching, I just want either False or N/A.
How do I get this?

Please Help,
Radha

Anne Troy

Radha, add a 4th argument FALSE to your formula, i.e.
=vlookup(a1,myrange,3,false)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Radha" wrote in message

If LOOKUP can't find the value I am looking for, it is giving the result
from the next smallest value.

But, if the LoopUp can not find matching, I just want either False or
N/A.
How do I get this?

Please Help,
Radha

Anne Troy

Sorry...should've explained. The FALSE tells Excel NOT to find the nearest
value, but to find the EXACT value. See:
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Radha" wrote in message

If LOOKUP can't find the value I am looking for, it is giving the result
from the next smallest value.

But, if the LoopUp can not find matching, I just want either False or
N/A.
How do I get this?

Please Help,
Radha

RagDyer

Use Vlookup() with 0 or False ( for exact match) as the fourth argument.
--
HTH,

RD

"Radha" wrote in message

If LOOKUP can't find the value I am looking for, it is giving the result
from the next smallest value.

But, if the LoopUp can not find matching, I just want either False or

N/A.
How do I get this?

Please Help,
Radha

Myrna Larson

You will have the option to require an exact match if you use the VLOOKUP
function instead of LOOKUP.