-   -   gridlines (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47422-gridlines.html)

sis5362

gridlines

why can't I get the gridlines to print in a darker color, such as black. I
can change them but they won't print that way.

David Billigmeier

First, make sure you have the gridlines selected to print... File-Page
Setup-'Sheet' Tab-Select 'Gridlines'

Second, Tools-Options-'View' Tab-Change the gridlines color (last option,
on the bottom)

Dave

"sis5362" wrote:

why can't I get the gridlines to print in a darker color, such as black. I
can change them but they won't print that way.

sis5362

I have done that, but it still prints the light grey, instead of black.

"sis5362" wrote:

why can't I get the gridlines to print in a darker color, such as black. I
can change them but they won't print that way.

David McRitchie

Gridlines are gray, don't confuse gridlines with borders.
You can set the color, and thickness of borders as well as being
solid or various dotted forms.

Gridlines and Borders
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/gridline.htm

---
HTH,

"sis5362" wrote in message ...
why can't I get the gridlines to print in a darker color, such as black. I
can change them but they won't print that way.

David Billigmeier

Maybe it just appears grey because the lines are so thin, try making them
thicker by selecting the range your data is in and going into
Format-Cells-'Border' tab

Dave

"sis5362" wrote:

why can't I get the gridlines to print in a darker color, such as black. I
can change them but they won't print that way.

sis5362

Thanks that worked.

"sis5362" wrote:

why can't I get the gridlines to print in a darker color, such as black. I
can change them but they won't print that way.

sis5362

Thank you, was able to make it work with the borders.

"sis5362" wrote in message ...
why can't I get the gridlines to print in a darker color, such as black. I
can change them but they won't print that way.

David Billigmeier

David -
Gridlines aren't necessarily always grey, you can change them to a different
color under Tools-Options-'View' Tab

Dave

"sis5362" wrote in message ...
why can't I get the gridlines to print in a darker color, such as black. I
can change them but they won't print that way.

Gord Dibben

Regular gridlines will also print as black if you are set for "black and
white" in Print options.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:31:02 -0700, "sis5362"
wrote:

Thanks that worked.

"sis5362" wrote:

why can't I get the gridlines to print in a darker color, such as black. I
can change them but they won't print that way.

David McRitchie

Thanks, I'll have to check and probably change my web page,
I remember seeing that option now <grin
..