-   -   set focus (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47390-set-focus.html)

tkaplan

set focus

I have a form with a txt box named txtAuditor. on the exit event, i have
some validation checks.
i want that if the validation fails, the focus will go back to that txt
box.

i currectly have

if variable=false then
txtauditor.value=""
txtauditor.setfocus
endif

this did not work!
Any suggestions??

--
tkaplan
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22987

Dave O

Sure looks like it should work. One debugging strategy is to put a
Msgbox statement inside your "if variable=false then" / end if
statement. That way you can deliberately cause your validation to fail
and when you get the message box you know your logic is sound.

if variable=false then

msgbox ("About to set focus to txt.auditor")
txtauditor.value=""
txtauditor.setfocus
endif

tkaplan

it does enter the procedure- it also resets the text box

I think what is happening is that it is still letting the user exit the
txtbox so it sets the focus, but then the user exited. i set cancel to
true and then is worked:)

--
tkaplan
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22987
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=471132

Dave O

....Or, now that I hearken back to my Access programming days, try this:

if variable=false then
me.txtauditor.value=""
me.txtauditor.setfocus
endif