-   -   Making words in a list a value!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47289-making-words-list-value.html)

brco1

Making words in a list a value!!

I am trying to create a list that will generate a value in another column
once that word or phrase is chosen. Is this possible and how. Exp. In the
drop down list I would chose Product, then in the price column the price
automatically appears.

Casey

brco1,
Much better than I could ever explain the process. Here's exactly what
you need.
HTH

--
Casey

Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4545
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=470920

Gord Dibben

brcol

You could use the VLOOKUP Function with a table of Products and Prices.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for info.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

While you're there check out using Data Validation drop-downs for entering
values to lookup.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP