-   -   Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47235-missing-sum-bottom-right-corner.html)

Ramrod

Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

When I highlight a few cells, the sum of the numbers should show up in
the bottom right corner of my screen. However, this is not appearing.
How do I turn this feature on?

--
Ramrod
Ramrod's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26895

Dave Peterson

Make sure the status bar is turned on:
tools|options|View tab|in the Show Section.

Make sure that the statusbar is visible.
window|arrange|tiled
(and resize by hand)

rightclick on one of those "embossed" squares on the statusbar and choose Sum.
(make sure that there are a few entries in your selection--and at least one
should be numeric)

Ramrod wrote:

When I highlight a few cells, the sum of the numbers should show up in
the bottom right corner of my screen. However, this is not appearing.
How do I turn this feature on?

--
Ramrod
Ramrod's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26895
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=470832

--

Dave Peterson

Cutter

What you are referring to is called the Staus Bar.

If it isn't showing then go to Tools Options View and put a check
beside Status Bar

If it is showing but isn't summing then right click on it and then
click on Sum.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848

David Billigmeier

Right click on that row at the bottom of your screen that the sum usually
shows up in... and select "Sum"

Dave