-   -   Highlighting Filtered column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47217-highlighting-filtered-column.html)

Dan

Highlighting Filtered column

I have a basic filter on an excel sheet. I would like to highlight the
column in which the filter was selected. Can anyone think of a simple
way to do this without having to resort to Macros (there are security
issues at work, hence Macros can be awkward)?

My first line of thought is to somehow detect when the filter has been
selected and on which column and then use conditional formatting to
highlight the column. However, I can't find a way to easily detect the
filter status. Presumably in VB code I can find the filter and the
appropriate property but I would rather not use a Macro.

Thanks for your help.

Dan