-   -   Daily,monthly total (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47170-daily-monthly-total.html)

nowfal

Daily,monthly total

Hi,
I have a database analysed worksheet copied to a new worksheet. Now
i need a help. The data is a full month data not always same numbers for
rows. In the 'C' colomn shows the amount , i wanted daily total after
each date, and at the end monthly total. any code or formula?
thanks in advance.
with regards
nowfal

--
nowfal
nowfal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10003

Dave Peterson

If your data is sorted by that date, then maybe you could use data|subtotal.
And if you want it subtotaled by month, you could use a helper cell with:

=text(c2,"yyyymm")

to get those monthly subtotals when you do data|subtotal the second time.

nowfal wrote:

Hi,
I have a database analysed worksheet copied to a new worksheet. Now
i need a help. The data is a full month data not always same numbers for
rows. In the 'C' colomn shows the amount , i wanted daily total after
each date, and at the end monthly total. any code or formula?
thanks in advance.
with regards
nowfal

--
nowfal
nowfal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10003
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=470709

--

Dave Peterson

nowfal

Hi Dave,
could you please explain little more. Where do i put
that helper cell. is there any example.
thanks
nowfal

--
nowfal
nowfal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10003
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=470709

Dave Peterson

Just insert a new column near the date.

Then put that formula in the first cell (not counting the header rows). And
drag it down.