-   -   Function to write Weekday - Monday, Tuesday etc (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/47164-function-write-weekday-monday-tuesday-etc.html)

Shrikant

Function to write Weekday - Monday, Tuesday etc

What is the function to write Weekday only (MOnday, Tuesday etc) from the
given date. For example, when I write date as 26 September 2005, the function
should return the value of Monday.

papou

Hello
Set a formula refering to the date and simply format cell as dddd
HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Shrikant" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
What is the function to write Weekday only (MOnday, Tuesday etc) from the
given date. For example, when I write date as 26 September 2005, the
function
should return the value of Monday.

Roger Govier

Hi

You don't need a function.
Format CellsNumberCustom and set it to ddd

If you did want to do it by function, then
=TEXT(A1,"ddd")

Regards

Roger Govier

Shrikant wrote:
What is the function to write Weekday only (MOnday, Tuesday etc) from the
given date. For example, when I write date as 26 September 2005, the function
should return the value of Monday.

Roger Govier

Apologies, 1 "d" too few.
format as "dddd" or TEXTA(A1,"dddd")