-   -   Time Required to Save a File (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/46985-time-required-save-file.html)

John M

Time Required to Save a File

I have a large Excel file that takes about 15 seconds to save if I have two
other files open that the first file is linked to. If I do not have these
two other files open it takes several minutes to save the first file. Does
anyone know what is causing this, and if it can be fixed? I do not always
remember to open the other two files so I am frequently stuck waiting for the
first file to save.

Thanks, John

Dave Peterson

Do you have calculation set to manual?

There's an option to recalculate before you save.
Tools|options|calculation tab
If you have manual calculation set, you could turn off the option to recalc
before save.

Any chance?

--

Dave Peterson