-   -   Sorting customer names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/46884-sorting-customer-names.html)

seeking improvment

Sorting customer names

I have a list of customer names that is over 6000 now and growing. I want to
extract the names that appear only once on this list. How do I accomplish
this? There are header names "First, Last, Int, Address, City, State, Zip,
Phone (2) and Vin".

Anne Troy

This should help:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel. htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"seeking improvment" <seeking wrote in
message ...
I have a list of customer names that is over 6000 now and growing. I want
extract the names that appear only once on this list. How do I accomplish
this? There are header names "First, Last, Int, Address, City, State,
Zip,
Phone (2) and Vin".

Bob Phillips

Take a look at DataFilterAdvanced Filter, there is a copy unique box in
there.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"seeking improvment" <seeking wrote in
message ...
I have a list of customer names that is over 6000 now and growing. I want

extract the names that appear only once on this list. How do I accomplish
this? There are header names "First, Last, Int, Address, City, State,

Zip,
Phone (2) and Vin".

seeking improvment

Bob,

Thank you for your help this will make things easier for me. Sorry for the
delay in getting back to you.

Thank you
Candy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Take a look at DataFilterAdvanced Filter, there is a copy unique box in
there.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"seeking improvment" <seeking wrote in
message ...
I have a list of customer names that is over 6000 now and growing. I want

extract the names that appear only once on this list. How do I accomplish
this? There are header names "First, Last, Int, Address, City, State,

Zip,
Phone (2) and Vin".

seeking improvment

Anne,

Thank you very much for your reply. I apoligise for the delay in saying
thank you. The link you posted had all the answers I have been searching for.

You have no idea how happy this makes me.