-   -   parameter query - multiple options (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/46754-parameter-query-multiple-options.html)

GregCrossan

parameter query - multiple options

I have a parametery query setup in excel which gets its input from a cell,
which does this..

Status In [EnterStatus]

[EnterStatus] query is in a cell

It works fine if I only enter one value in the cell

but if I enter A,I,X (Active, Inactive, Expelled) for example i receive
a string truncation error...

if there were only two or 3 options I coult use 2 or 3 fields, but ehre are
10 possibles...

any ideas how I can ask for multiple options..

the sql query would be Select * fom table where status in ('A','I','X')...

aNY IDEAS