-   -   Does this have to be done manually? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/46705-does-have-done-manually.html)

Dorn

Does this have to be done manually?

When I get my data it comes in this format:

Company Name
Data Data
Data Data
A Different Company Name
Data Data
Data Data
Data Data
Data Data
Another Different Company
Data Data
Data Data

How can I fill down the company names into the empty cells on the same row
as the data, I know how to fill down one section at a time but how do I do it
automatically for all of them?

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at:
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html