-   -   wrapping text from one row to the next (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/46698-wrapping-text-one-row-next.html)

blazon

wrapping text from one row to the next

How do I wrap text from one row to the next? I'd like any text that
extends past column AE (written in column A) to automatically wrap to
the next row.

Thanks so much!

--
blazon
blazon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27409

swatsp0p

When you say next "row", do you mean the next cell down -- or -- to wrap
to the next 'line' within the same cell?

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469938

blazon

Next row (sorry for not being clear)

--
blazon
blazon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27409
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469938

swatsp0p

I don't know of any way to automatically force text to the next cell
down based on which column it appears to reach. It is still all in
cell A1. How wide are your columns? If you make them wider, you'll
have more room to not overlap AE (column 31). Also, if you have any
kind of entry in any cell from B1:AD1, your text will not be visible
beyond that particular cell.

Check out "merge cells" and "text wrap" in FormatCells|Alignment to
see if that may meet your needs.

I don't understand why you want to put your extended in text in cell
A2. Maybe someone else has a better grasp of what you are trying to
accomplish.

Sorry.

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469938

ssc1280

You can use "Edit", "Fill", "Justify" to accomplish what you want, but its a
manual procedure.