-   -   Worksheet_SelectionChange Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/46305-worksheet_selectionchange-problem.html)

Casey

Worksheet_SelectionChange Problem

Hi,
I'm trying to have a reminder message pop up when a certain cell is
selected. I would like to do this with VBA as opposed to doing it with
a Data Validation input message. I've tried the following code but to
no avail. Here's the code followed by the error message.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)

If Target.Row = 5 And Target.Column = 6 Then
MsgBox = "Have you verified your Extra Material setting in cell
A1? Normal setting is 25."

I get the following error message:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Basic
---------------------------
Compile error:

Function call on left-hand side of assignment must return Variant or
Object
---------------------------
OK Help
---------------------------

--
Casey

Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4545
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469251

Bernie Deitrick

Casey,

No equal sign on the MsgBox line:

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)

If Target.Row = 5 And Target.Column = 6 Then
MsgBox "Have you verified your Extra Material setting in cell A1? Normal setting is 25."

You can also modify other cells, or check the input value with the change event.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Casey" wrote in message

[...]

Bernie,
Thanks for the help. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the added
suggestions as well. I might have some uses for those in some other
spreadsheet apps. Thanks again.