-   -   How do I insert a comment in a protected worksheet ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/46272-how-do-i-insert-comment-protected-worksheet.html)

Aylan

How do I insert a comment in a protected worksheet ?

I have a worksheet that I protected so that no other users could mess up my
formulas. I only protected those cells with formulas but I want all users to
be able to insert and edit comments within the worksheet. Is this possible?

Ron de Bruin

Hi Aylan

If you have 2002 or 2003
you can check "Edit objects" when you protect your sheet

ToolsProtection..Protect sheet

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Aylan" wrote in message ...
I have a worksheet that I protected so that no other users could mess up my
formulas. I only protected those cells with formulas but I want all users to
be able to insert and edit comments within the worksheet. Is this possible?

Aylan

Thank you so much Ron! That was exactly the answer that I needed. It is good
to know that this is so easy and fast.
Aylan