-   -   How do I change the default number format ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/46265-how-do-i-change-default-number-format.html)

LarryH

How do I change the default number format ?

The current number format is general. I would like to change it to accounting
with no $ and 2 decimals. I can't seem to find how.

I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give me.

Thank you.

Dana DeLouis

Hi. You would want to change the definition of the "Normal" style.
From the menu: Format | Style...
And modify the "Normal" style

HTH
--