Page 1
Date: 29 September 2005
Day: Thursday
Number: 6899

Page 2
Date: 30 September 2005
Day: Friday
Number: 6900

Page 3
Date: 01 October 2005
Day: Saturday
Number: 6901

Thank you...-

Dave Peterson

You could use a formula that points back to the date.

If Page 2 is a worksheet sheet2 and Page 1 is sheet1, you could use:

=sheet1!a1+1
(and format it nicely).

To get the day, you could just point at that cell that holds this formula:
=A1
and format as dddd

For the number, you can just use:
=sheet1!A3+1

(Well, if I understood what you were asking.)

mgb757 wrote:

In Excel 97/SR-1, how can I set a day or date in a cell, and have the other
cell track the other and in another cell, sequentially increment a number ...
i.e.:

Page 1
Date: 29 September 2005
Day: Thursday