-   -   formatting color based on source column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/46157-formatting-color-based-source-column.html)

NickPR

formatting color based on source column

Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this.

I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates.
In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together
as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly,
however:

I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1
cell to have different font colors?

Here is my existing cell formula:

=IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&"
"&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy")))

I have a feeling its not conditional formating, as that won't allow me
to use formulas across different worksheets, and i've tried for ages
with custom cell formatting. Is there soem kind of VB that would do
this for me?

Any help would be great,

Thanks :)

--
NickPR
NickPR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27376

Dave Peterson

You have a response to your post in .excel.