Cathyandrea

Default Excell VS Office

Do they work in the same manner. I need something that will help me with
putting inventory on and able to transfer information to a website. Will
Office work the same as Excell? The company I am dealing with says to use
Excell unless I have something that would be compatiable as Excell. Please
help. Thanks.
Timothy L

Lets just assume that you are talking about the latest versions currently available, Microsoft Excel 2003 and
Microsoft Office 2003 Editions. For the Microsoft Office suite, lets just use Microsoft Office Standard
Edition 2003.

You are comparing the stand alone version of Microsoft Excel 2003 (which is a part of Microsoft Office
Standard Edition 2003) to Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 (which includes Microsoft Excel 2003).

The difference between Microsoft Excel 2003 and Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 is the additional
programs included in Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 that you do not get by purchasing the stand alone
version of Microsoft Excel 2003.

Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 includes:
Microsoft Word 2003
Microsoft Excel 2003
Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
Microsoft Outlook 2003

Microsoft Excel 2003 is just that, a spreadsheet program called Microsoft Excel which is a part of Microsoft
Office 2003 Editions. Microsoft Excel 2003 is NOT used for word processing, presentations, or email.

If you need word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, and email, then you need Microsoft Word 2003,
Microsoft Excel 2003, Microsoft PowerPoint 2003, and Microsoft Outlook 2003. Microsoft Office Standard Edition
2003 has all of these programs in a single package to make things easier (and cheaper than buying them
separately).

Here are some helpful links:

Microsoft Office Product Information Home
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prodinfo.mspx

Office 2003 Editions Product Information : The Cornerstone of the Microsoft Office System
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...o/default.mspx

Microsoft Office System Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.microsoft.com/office/faq.mspx

Office 2003 Editions Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...dinfo/faq.mspx

What's in the Office 2003 Editions?
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...y/compare.mspx

How to Buy Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit.../standard.mspx

Excel 2003 Product Information
http://www.microsoft.com/office/exce...o/default.mspx

How to Buy Microsoft Excel 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/office/exce...y/default.mspx

Microsoft Office Online Home Page
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

--
Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!