-   -   Whole number converts to decimal (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/45962-whole-number-converts-decimal.html)

dmbRedGetta

Whole number converts to decimal

Somehow, I've changed a setting in Excel so that when I enter a number (say,
5) into any cell on a blank worksheet (thus, the cell is formatted as
general) and hit enter, the number is automatically converted to .05. The
only way I can stop Excel from doing this is by entering a "." after the
number, so it realizes that I want the whole number. It only does it when
the cell is formatted as General or Number (even when the decimal places is
set to 0 -- putting in 4 will return .04 which displays as a 0). Any ideas?

dmbRedGetta

Nevermind, I figured it out from another post. I had the "Fixed Decimal"
checked and set to 2 under options. Not sure how, but that's what it was.